Sunday, July 4, 2010

Note to self: stretch more.

I probably should have...

1) Skipped the hill sprints yesterday
a) Did them because: I keep saying that I need to add hill sprints and intervals to my running, and then I don't...

2) Stretched more this morning
a) Didn't because: I hate stretching. I have nobody but myself to blame for this one.

3) Skipped this morning's run entirely (my hip was wicked sore (nothing that skipping the hill sprints wouldn't have fixed))
a) Didn't because... but, but, NO RUN???

4) Stopped to stretch again when my shoulder gave out on mile two
a) Didn't because: My shoulder is always the first thing to get tight, so...

5) Gone home when my hip gave out on mile three
a) Didn't because: I really hate skivving on Sunday long runs. Besides, my hip actually hurt less when I ran than when I walked, so I just had to be careful not to turn my foot the wrong way or lengthen my stride.

The upside of the run this morning: My hip was in so much pain that I didn't even notice silly things like fatigue and asthma. There's always a silver lining!

No comments:

Post a Comment